Not all personal profile fields in the MAG profile are editable, and the editable fields vary based on whether your account has credentials attached to it, or you have multiple connected accounts. If you do not have multi-factor authentication credentials registered to your MAG account, you are able to modify such details as name, suffix, and email. If you need to update the profile fields not open to editing, review the FAQs below to decide on your next steps.
How can I update my profile?
To update your user profile:
Step 1. Log into your MAG account.
Step 2. Navigate to the My Account tab, and click the Edit Profile sub-tab to update the information in your account.
NOTE: Contact Exostar Customer Support for further assistance if you do not have permission to modify specific desired fields in your user profile.
Update Email Address
How can I update my email address?
You can update the email address only if your MAG account does not have an active credential attached to it. If this is the case, make sure you have access to the new email address (to receive the activation code), and follow the steps below to update your email address:
Step 1. After logging in, click the My Account tab and click Change Email.
Step 2. Enter the new email address. Click Continue and Submit.
Step 3. You receive an activation code via email. Enter the code in the Activation Code field (dashes are required), and click Activate to complete the update.
OTP and FIS Credential Users
If you have an active credential (an OTP or FIS, for example), the update email action will not available to you. Please contact Exostar Customer Support, and we will guide you through the process of email update.
EAG and 3rd Party Certificate Users
- EAG users: If your account is linked to your corporate network account via EAG, you must de-link your account to update the email address. After updating the email, re-link your EAG connection.
- 3rd Party Certificate Users: NGC One Badge and DoD and NASA PIV card holders will be able to modify email address.
Profile Fields not Editable
Why can't I edit certain fields in my profile (first, last name, and email address), and what should I do?
If you do not have multi-factor authentication credentials registered to your MAG account, you are able to modify your first, middle and last name name, and email address. However, if you have credentials attached to your account, started the registration process for a new credential, or use Account Connections, certain fields in your profile are not editable.
If you connect several MAG accounts, you are unable to modify first name, last name and email address on your child account. Additionally, account information cannot be modified if you have a pending identity proofing appointment for a security credential. If you have a pending appointment and need to modify connected accounts, please cancel the pending request to edit your profile. Reschedule the proofing appointment once corrections are complete.
Enterprise Access Gateway (EAG)
If your MAG account is linked to your corporate credentials, locked fields vary based on data provided by your Remote Identity Provider (RIDP). To modify, you will need to de-link your account. However, updates may be overwritten by your corporate network if re-linking the account. Please access EAG for assistance.
Exostar Mobile ID with or without Identity Proofing
You must revoke Exostar Mobile ID to be able to modify first, middle, and last name. Revoking requires a new purchase. Please access OTP for assistance.
Federated Identity Service (FIS) Digital Certificate(s) (BLOA or MLOA, Software/Hardware)
You must revoke your FIS Digital Certificate(s) to be able to modify first, middle and last name, and email address. Revoking your certificate(s) requires a new purchase. Please access FIS for assistance.
OTP Hardware Token with or without Identity Proofing
You must revoke OTP Hardware Token to be able to modify first, middle, and last name. Revoking requires a new purchase. Please access OTP for assistance.
Phone OTP with or without Identity Proofing
You must revoke Phone OTP to be able to modify first, middle, and last name. Revoking requires a new purchase. Please access OTP for assistance.
Third-Party Credentials (such as NASA PIV, DoD CAC, NGC OneBadge)
If your MAG account is linked to third-party certificates, locked fields vary based on data provided by your certificate. To modify, you will need to de-link your account. However, updates may be overwritten by your corporate network if re-linking the account. DoD CAC users can modify their email address. Please access DoD CAC for additional assistance.
Change Authorization Form
How can I initiate the following important changes to my profile: change in my organization's name and address, change of the organization administrator that is no longer available, or change of my own legal name or email address?
Any of the below updates to your own or company's profile require you to contact Exostar and request the Change Authorization Form:
- Organization Administrator Change: When the listed MAG Org Admin is no longer available.
- Email Address Change: When a user has not completed first time login or email domain name has changed, and the user cannot access the account.
- Company Address Change: When the company’s address changed. A change form is required only when changing the address for the organization (not at the user level).
- Company Name Change: When the company’s name changed.
- Legal Name Changes: When a user has to change your legal name.
Request the Change Authorization Form
How can I obtain the Change Authorization Form?
Step 1. Contact Exostar Customer Support to report change, and request a Docusign Change Authorization Form.
Step 2. The form is sent via email, along with a case number to track the request.
Step 3. Click View Documents in the received email. A pop-up displays with the Docusign Change Request agreement. Check the box for I agree to do business electronically with Exostar LLC.
Step 4. Review and complete the form. Include the MAG Organization Name, Exostar ID and Organization ID. To locate your company's organization details, navigate to the My Account tab in MAG, and click View Organization Details.
Complete the Change Authorization Form
What are the steps for completing the form?
Step 1. Ensure the information is entered in the correct order when completing the form.
Step 2. Complete the fields in the section relevant to your request. You can request multiple changes on a single form.
- If requesting an Organization Administrator change and you have an existing MAG account, ensure you include your existing user ID in the User ID field. Failure to do so may result in creation of a new account.
- If an existing Organization Administrator is still active and you are requesting an Organization Administrator change, complete the form and include a letter on company letterhead. The letter must include a statement about the replacement request for the current Administrator, who the new Administrator is, and the non-compliant account will no longer be accessed. The existing Administrator accounts are deleted.
- If requesting a legal name change, complete the form and include a letter on company letterhead. The letter needs to include the change reason and who the request is for.
Step 3. Complete the Authorization/Change Requestor section at the bottom of the form. Click Sign Here and complete document signing.
Step 4. Click Finish. The request routes to Exostar, and is tracked via the case number.
The form expires within three days of receipt. If you need assistance with form completion, contact Exostar Customer Support.