Reapply for certificates for any of the following reasons:
- Your certificates have been revoked.
- Your certificates expired (you must complete a new purchase in this case).
- You want to upgrade the certificate assurance level, in which case, a new purchase must be made.
- Your Organization Administrator instructed you to reapply for FIS certificates.
There are three ways to reapply for your certificates:
- Yourself: Log-in to your Identity and Access Management Platform (MAG) account using your user ID and password, and follow the steps provided below.
- Organization Administrator: Your Organization Administrator can reapply for certificates on your behalf.
- Exostar Customer Support: If you are unable to request certificates yourself, or the Organization Administrator is unable to request them on your behalf, contact Exostar Customer Support.
Step 1. Go to the My Account tab, Manage Certificates sub-tab, then the Reapply sub-tab.
Step 2. Click on the Reapply button and follow on-screen prompts.
NOTE: If you are reapplying for Medium Level of Assurance Certificates, you must make the appropriate selections:
- Certificate Assurance Level
- Certificate Usage
- Certificate Type
- Certificate Validity Period
- Request Reason
Step 3. If you received a sponsor code, enter it and click Next.
NOTE: This is not a required field.
Following submission of the request, the following activities take place:
- Your company’s FIS administrator approves your request.
- Exostar receives the approval from your FIS administrator and completes the approval process.
Once the approval process is complete, you receive an email with a passcode to download the new certificates. The download process for re-applied certificates is same as downloading a new certificate.