ForumPass enables organizations to work together better in a shared and internet-based collaborative workspace. Flexible security features make it one of the most secure online collaboration platforms available. Based on Microsoft SharePoint technology, ForumPass delivers robust functionality through an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface.
ForumPass features include:
- File sharing and document management.
- Secure joint proposal management.
- Net meetings and concurrent/real-time working environments.
- Process management and routing.
- Product design and collaboration.
ForumPass 7 is Exostar’s latest Collaboration Solution Release, based on Microsoft SharePoint 2016. ForumPass 7 includes improved security and many new features and capabilities that improve usability and provide seamless integration with Microsoft Office Applications.
Exostar partnered with Seclore to create the ForumPass Defense application in order to comply with the NIST 800-171 requirements. While maintaining many of the features and functionality available in the standard ForumPass application, ForumPass Defense provides a secure, multi-factor authenticated environment, in the United States, and incorporates the Digital Rights Management (DRM) functionality to protect documents inside and outside of the environment.
ForumPass Defense customers: if you have received an email regarding your account status being suspended due to inactivity, please click here for instructions.
Digital Rights Management (DRM) adds a layer of security at the document level which protects document content from unauthorized access. DRM-protected documents are watermarked with the user’s name and the date/time the file is opened, and access and functionality in a DRM library is controlled by the ForumPass Permission groups. To learn more about ForumPass Defense and DRM, please see the Defense and Digital Rights Management page.
ForumPass OFFICIAL is a sensitive ForumPass template and utilizes the same ForumPass functionalities, however, it requires users to authenticate with a Medium Level of Assurance (MLOA) Software certificate. ForumPass OFFICIAL also utilizes End-to-End Encryption and Encrypted Libraries. Please see the ForumPass OFFICIAL Overview page for additional information.
To purchase ForumPass licenses, please contact Exostar Sales: info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
ForumPass Familiarization and Site Creation training webinars are available the first week of every month. Please see the Webinars page for registration information.
Click the arrows below to read further about the overall ForumPass process, benefits and system requirements.
Please select the image to enlarge:
- Office Integration Features, including document edit function that does not require local document downloads.
- Outlook Integration Features allowing users to combine SharePoint and Outlook Calendars.
- Search Refinement Panel that allows you to quickly narrow results of your search and find the right content faster.
Collaborative Work Environment:
- Team Sites provide a centralized location for a defined group of users to share documents, have conversations, view and assign tasks, view project timelines, create and maintain a centralized calendar, and view recent team activity.
- Community Sites provide a community experience in the ForumPass environment to categorize and cultivate discussions among a broad group of people across groups in an organization. Communities promote open communication and information exchange by enabling people to share their expertise and seek help from others who have knowledge in specific areas of interest.
Security and Data Controls:
- Database encryption providing additional protection for all system data.
- Continuation of the End-to-End (E2E) Encryption service for Sensitive and Restricted sites.
- Continued support for Federated Identity.
- Single sign on (SSO) for Exostar applications through Exostar’s Identity and Access Management Platform (formerly known as MAG).
- Acceptance of CertiPath compliant identities allowing users to leverage their company or government-issued credentials.
System Supported Operating Systems and Web Browsers for Desktops/Laptops:
|MAC OS X (latest released version)||N/A||N/A||S||T||T|
System Supported Operating Systems and Web Browsers for Mobile Devices:
|Apple iOS (iOS 13)||S||S||S|
|Android Mobile OS (10) ||S||N/A||S|
|(S) Supported||This combination of operating system and browser is supported but has not been fully tested.|
|(T) Tested||This combination of operating system and browser is fully supported and has been tested.|
|(N/A) Not Applicable||This combination is not applicable (non-compatible).|
JRE Version 1.8 or higher
|The most current version of JRE is recommended. Earlier versions may be incompatible when uploading and downloading encrypted documents. |
In addition to major software releases, Microsoft offers ongoing product enhancements through service packs and 'product updates'. Exostar will maintain currency with these updates as part of our ongoing release cycle testing, ensuring that our planned major release testing utilizes the latest software updates available. In the event that our customers experience a problem running our Internet solutions using the old versions of the software, including an out of date 'update' level, they may be directed to upgrade to the latest 'update' level to resolve the reported issue.
You can see the Microsoft supported configurations at: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifesupsps/#Internet_Explorer.