Page tree

MLOA In-Person Proofing

If you are a Supplier located in the United States, and purchased a Medium Level of Assurance (MLOA) Hardware or Software certificate, our vendor NotaryGo, will contact you to setup a proofing appointment with one of their Trusted Agents.  For users outside the United States, a Trusted Agent from Verify Europe will contact you to set-up a proofing appointment.  Once you successfully complete the proofing appointment, the Trusted Agent provides you with your 16-digit passcode.  This passcode is required for successful certificate download.

You are required to bring originals of the documents listed below for the proofing session.  No photocopies will be accepted: However, the Employment Verification Letter does not require an original, and Exostar will accept photocopies during the In-Person Proofing session.

Employment Verification Letter:  The employment verification letter should be printed on your company's letterhead and duly signed by an authorized executive within your company with a wet signature.  Click here to see a sample of a verification letter. 

How is my information secured?  Click here for information on data privacy and retention.

Identity Verification Documents

Here is a list of acceptable documents for the proofing session:

LIST A:  One item from this list fully satisfies the proofing requirement:

  •  U.S. Passport or Passport card
  •  REAL ID Act compliant Picture Identification, identified by the presence of the DHS REAL ID star 
  •  Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
  •  Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)
  •  Foreign Passport with I-551 stamp
  •  Foreign Passport with Form I-94 or I-94A
  •  Certificate of U.S. Citizenship 
  •  Certificate of Naturalization

LIST B:  One item from this list PLUS one item from List C, satisfies the proofing requirement. 

  •  Driver's license or ID Card issued by U.S. government authority, containing personal information and photograph
  •  Student ID card with photo
  •  U.S. Military ID card or draft record
  •  U.S. Military dependent's ID card
  •  Voter registration card
  •  U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
  •  Driver's license issued by Canadian government authority
  •  Native American tribal document

LIST C:  One item from this list PLUS one item from list B, satisfies the proofing requirement. 

  •  U.S. Social Security card issued by the Social Security Administration
  •  Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by U.S. government authority
  •  Certification of Birth Abroad issued by U.S. Dept. of State (Form FS-545)
  •  Native American tribal document
  •  U.S. Citizen ID card (Form I-197)
  •  ID card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
  •  Employment authorization document issued by DHS

How useful was this content?

Your Rating: Results: 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 Star 29 rates