The above graphic is a brief overview of the process to gain access to PIM and locate your form in the system. The following steps break the process down into more detailed instructions:
Step 1. Register with Exostar
- Click here to complete organization registration.
You will receive an email from the Exostar system indicating your organization was identified as a supplier to a customer, who gave you a subcontract for an MDA contract that meets the following:
- CUI information involved that requires protection by your organization, as per the DFARS 252.204-7012 regulations.
- Contractual requirements you provide MDA, through Exostar systems, a list of any of your suppliers with whom you are sharing CUI, and stating you are sharing (flowing down) the DFARS and MDA contract requirements to them as well.
Please take four minutes to review the video below to assist you with the registration process.
Step 2. Complete First-Time Login, Credentialing and Access
Once Exostar approves your MAG registration, you much complete the follow to access PIM:
Step 1. Locate the email titled, Action Required: Exostar Account First-Time Login Instructions and follow the instructions provided.
Step 2. You must obtain a Phone One Time Password (OTP) without Proofing credential in order to access PIM. The Phone OTP is sponsored for this project, so you do not incur any charges. Please see the Register page for detailed steps on activating your credential.
Step 3. Once you register your mobile phone, you can access the application via Exostar's MAG. To login in with your Phone OTP:
- After logging in with your user ID and password, the Phone OTP Authentication page displays. Select Phone and Delivery Method.
- Click Send. The OTP Code expires two minutes after clicking Send.
- You receive the OTP code via your selected delivery method. Enter the OTP Code in the OTP Code field. Click Submit.
- You are logged in with your Phone OTP credential. Verify you logged in with your Phone OTP credential by confirming the credential strength from your Home dashboard view in your Exostar IAM Platform (formerly known as MAG) account (upper, right corner).
- Select Open Application next to Partner Information Manager. As the first user for your organization, you are also the Application Administrator for your organization. In this role, you can invite other people in your organization and assign their roles.
Please take six minutes to view the video below to assist you with accessing the PIM application.
Step 3. Locate Form
Once you successfully access the PIM application, locate the desired form via the Form Summary widget and select the hyperlinked form name or the Edit button to open the form in edit-mode. All users subscribed to PIM are assigned to the form.
Please take four minutes to review the video below to assist you in locating and starting your form.
Step 4. Complete Form
In preparation to complete the form, download a blank form here, so you can prepare appropriate answers to the questions. You will be asked to provide identifying information of all your subcontractors and suppliers with whom you share CUI for this contract. This information only applies to suppliers with whom you share CUI – not other suppliers. You probably want to collect that information before you logon, because identifying the correct subcontractors is an important part of this process. You are required to provide the following information:
- Supplier Name
- Postal Code
- Telephone Number
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
You can start the form, save and complete at a later time, resubmit the form and delete suppliers or contacts from the form. You must ensure you successfully complete form submission for the requesting Buyer to view the form input.
If you are not sharing CUI with any supplier(s), you are finished with this phase. However, you can come back and update the form if, for example, you need to add another supplier to your list.
If you provided a supplier list, you can come back and review their progress to complete forms and their compliance state. You will not be able to see their list of suppliers (if they have any), or their compliance status. You can only see the compliance status of your direct suppliers. In order to view a Supplier's status, you must modify your Dashboard view from Supplier to Buyer, and navigate to the Contracts tab.
Please take five minutes to review the video below to assist you in completing the form: