Step 1. Register with Exostar
In order to access ForumPass, you and your organization must register via Exostar's Managed Access Gateway (MAG).
- Click here to complete organization registration.
Once registration is complete, the request is routed to Exostar for approval. This can take 24-48 business hours to process. After approval, users designated with these roles will receive their first time login email to setup their Exostar account.
Step 2. Complete First-Time Login
You receive an instructional account set-up email to access your new MAG account. During first time login, your account by setting up the password and security questions.
Step 3. Accept Terms and Conditions
Once you register your organization account and user account, a ForumPass Application Administrator for your organization must accept the ForumPass Terms and Conditions in MAG. For more information about Administrator responsibilities, please see the MAG Admin Resources page.
Step 4. Credentialing
Depending on the ForumPass profile-type, you may be required to obtain some form of two-factor authentication. Please see the profile types below and their required credentials:
- Core Profile requires User ID and Password
- Sensitive Profile requires User ID, Password, and Basic Level of Assurance (BLOA) certificate
- Restricted Profile requires User ID, Password, Medium Level of Assurance (MLOA) certificate, and the TLS 1.0 and restricted attributes enabled in the browser
- Protected Profile requires the same as Restricted, but the Medium Level of Assurance certificate includes a hardware token
For more information about the obtaining Federated Identity Service (FIS) BLOA or MLOA certification, please see the FIS page.
Step 5. Access ForumPass
Once you are successfully registered in MAG and credentialed (if required), login to your MAG account and select Open Application next to the desired ForumPass solution (US or UK).
Export Control and Usage Notice
The first time you log into ForumPass, the system displays the ForumPass Export Control and Usage Notice. All users must read the agreement and acknowledge the notice before accessing the ForumPass environment.
The agreement offers two options with the following actions:
- If you select I have read the ForumPass Export & Usage Notice, understand and acknowledge its requirements, you are directed to the ForumPass application
- If you select I did not read/understand the ForumPass Export & Usage Notice, you are denied access and are presented with additional instruction. The Usage Notice continues to display each time you log into ForumPass until you choose to acknowledge it.