Each site within ForumPass has its own unique elements and can be tailored to meet project and user specific requirements. There are several site navigational elements that remain consistent throughout each site.
User Access Menu
The User Access Menu is located in the upper right corner of all Site pages. It consists of a set of navigational links that provide access to commonly used areas. The options on the menu vary depending on the page you are currently viewing and your permissions on that page. You have the following options:
- About Me: Access your profile page to update information about yourself.
- Sign Out: Logs you out of ForumPass.
- My Workspaces: View the list of project sites, documents, and items you have access to.
- My WebEx Personal Room: Provides access to your personal space in WebEx.
- My Information Service: Provides access to My ForumPass tab, Site Ownership tab, User Search tab, and Additional Resources tab.
My Links Menu
ForumPass allows you to manage a list of links important to you. The links list may include links to existing sites in the environment, links to other resources in your corporate network, or links to resources available across the internet. You can create and organize your links.
Step 1. Navigate to the site you would like to add to the My Links list.
Step 2. Open the My Links menu. Click Add to My Links.
Step 3. The Add to My Links page displays. Complete the following fields:
- Enter a Title for the link.
- Verify the URL in the Address field.
- Select a group under which to organize the link.
- Choose who can view these links in your profile information
Step 4. Click OK to create the link.
NOTE: You may also add a link by copying a URL into the Address field.
Step 1. From any location in ForumPass, open the User Access Menu and select My Links.
Step 2. Select Manage My Links.
Step 3. From the Manage My Links page, you may choose to:
- Add a Link: This page allows you to enter the page information.
- Edit Link: Select a link and edit the title, URL, permissions, and/or group association.
- Delete Link: Select a link to delete.
- Create Tag: Select a link and create a tag to that item.
Step 4. Click OK to when you complete any changes.
A basic search can be performed from any site in ForumPass by using the Search feature. This feature provides the ability to search sites, lists, and libraries within the site collection, that you have access to, in order to find information and documents.
- Keywords and phrases can be used in the search field.
- Search filter options allow you to select to search for Everything (all matches), or to limit searches to Conversations, People, or This Site.
- The default search results include all indexed content that match your search criteria and you have proper permissions to access.
Search results are displayed on the Search Results page. From the Search Results page, users can further refine the search scope results by clicking additional search filtering options offered in the left navigation menu. Hovering over an item in the search results offers a preview of that item.
- ForumPass supports full word searches (full words separated by spaces). Partial keyword searches and wildcard (e.g. *, $, #, etc.) searches are not supported.
- ForumPass search results are controlled by the scope of the search as set by the Administrator as well as the user.
- The user can see an item in the search results if the user has at least View Item permission on that item. To actually access and open the item, the user must have proper permissions and authentication credentials.
The Settings menu provides administrators access to manage site permissions, view and modify site settings, and content areas, or Apps, or create new subsites. The options available on the Settings menu are permissions driven, and vary depending on the page you are viewing and your permission settings. Options include:
- Add a page: Create a new page to include in the project site collection.
- Add an app: Add a new content area (list, library, wiki, etc.) to the project site collection.
- Site Contents: Display all lists, libraries and subsites in the site.
- Design Manager: Create a new look for the page by modifying the color scheme.
- Site Settings: Provides access to site management options.
- Invite By Email: Easily add users to the project.
- Remove User: Easily remove users.
- View Audit History: Allows you to view audit history for this site for the past thirty days.
- View Access History: Lists all users who have access to this site and indicates last date/time of access.
- View User Permissions: Lists permissions for all users with access to this site. The user permissions pages displays the list of users and their permissions and rights.
- View Request Tracking:
- Create New Site: The opens the Site Provisioning Form to create a new subsite.
Quick Launch Menu
The Quick Launch menu is located along the left side of all project site pages. The Quick Launch Menu displays links to featured site content containers such as lists, libraries, sites, and publishing pages. The Quick Launch Menu:
- Can be configured, reordered, and its contents can vary from site to site.
- As new apps (libraries, lists, etc.) are added to the site, the Site Creator can choose to include a link to the item on the Quick Launch Menu.
Quick Launch Area Customization
The Quick Launch Area can be configured by Site Administrators who can determine what is displayed in the menu, the ordering, and the headings. Because the Quick Launch Menu is configurable, all lists and libraries for the site may not always display. Customizations of the Quick Launch Menu are done on a site-by-site basis; therefore, subsites do not inherit the parent site settings.
The Quick Launch Area can be customized in many ways, including:
- Add a new link to a site, either within the site collection or external to the site collection
- Delete a link
- Change the name and URL of an existing link
- Change the order of links within a heading
- Change the names and URLs of headings, delete headings and create new headings
- Change the order of sections (i.e., headings and their associated links)
To customize the Quick Launch Menu:
Step 1. Go to Settings dropdown menu (gear icon).
Step 2. Select Site Settings.
Step 3. Under the Look and Feel section, select Navigation.
Step 4. Scroll to the Structural Navigation: Editing and Sorting section, and make any necessary changes.
Step 5. Click OK.
The Site Content navigation element is available from the Settings menu and from the Quick Launch Menu. Site Contents acts like a Table of Contents for the site collection. From the Site Contents page, users can easily view what is available in the site and navigate to desired content. The Site Content link cannot be customized or disabled in the user interface.
Only subsites that are direct children of the parent site are displayed on the Site Content page. For example, in a site hierarchy where the parent site has three subsites and each of the subsites has additional subsites, the Site Content page displays only the three subsites one level below the parent.
The Recycle Bin appears as a link in the upper right corner of the Site Content page. The Recycle Bin acts as a multi-stage recycle bin, providing a safety net when deleting documents, list items, folders, and files. When site members delete any of these items from a site, the items are placed in the Recycle Bin and remain there for 30 days.
To open the Recycle Bin and view all the content recently deleted, go to Site Contents and click Recycle Bin. From there, deleted items can be restored or permanently deleted from the Recycle Bin.
The Recycle process works as follows:
Stage 1: End-user deletes a document from a document library.
Stage 2: The document is moved to the site’s Recycle Bin, where the user can restore or delete it.
Stage 3: If the file is deleted from the site Recycle Bin, it is sent to the Site Collection Recycle Bin, where it remains for an additional 30 days, from here an administrator can restore it or delete it permanently.
The Site Collection Recycle Bin gives the administrator of a site collection greater control over deleted items by providing a second stage safety net before an item is permanently deleted.
The Site Collection Recycle Bin is enabled in a site collection by default, and is configured by Exostar at the site collection web application level. Exostar can also disable the Site Collection Recycle Bin, or disable the Recycle Bin in a site collection altogether, upon request of an Organization Administrator (although this is not recommended).
How to access the Recycle Bin
Step 1. From the Quick Launch Menu, click Site Contents.
Step 2. In the upper right of the Site Contents page, click Recycle Bin.
Step 3. Place a checkmark next to an item in the recycle bin. With the item selected:
- To restore: Click Restore Selection.
- To delete: Click Delete Selection.
- If you restore an item originally located in a deleted folder, the folder is recreated in its original location and the item is restored in that folder.
- Items deleted more than 30 days prior are automatically permanently deleted from the user’s recycle bin.
- Items in the recycle bin count toward the site quota.
- Items are sorted in descending order by date deleted.
- The second stage is invoked when the end user deletes the item from the Recycle Bin. The item no longer displays in the interface for the end user and no longer counts toward the site quota. The Site Collection Administrators can see all second-stage deleted items and can restore deleted items from this stage.