Error message “page cannot be displayed”
Whenever I try to login to a restricted site, I receive an error message “page cannot be displayed”?
This message may be displayed due to one of the following conditions:
- Expired/Invalid VeriSign Certificates: If you currently have expired or invalid VeriSign certificates, you will not be able to access restricted sites. We are no longer supporting VeriSign Digital Certificates. Please ensure you have a valid FIS digital certificate installed. Close the IE window and open a new instance. When prompted, select the Exostar FIS certificate and login to the application.
- Expired Certificates/Invalid Certificates: If your FIS certificates have expired or are invalid, you will not be able to access the restricted sites. To access the restricted site, you will need to login to MAG and submit an FIS certificate request. For information on how to reapply for certificates, refer to the Manage Certificates page for additional information on renewing and reapplying for certificates.
- Prompt certificate is off: You may have an appropriate certificate, but may not be set-up to prompt for certificates. Refer to the Enable Certificate Prompt for Internet Explorer page for further instructions.
- Appropriate Certificate Level: Restricted sites require a MLOA digital certificate, if you have a BLOA you will not be able to access a Restricted site.
Error message: "Access to this site is restricted..."
When I attempt to access my project within ForumPass, I receive an error message: "Access to this site is restricted to holders of a medium-level credential, such as a vetted digital certificate. The credential that you presented for authentication is of lower grade. In order to access this site, you will need to logout of your current session and authenticate yourself using the appropriate credential. Please contact Exostar for further assistance if you are unsure how to proceed."
Sensitive and Restricted ForumPass sites require a MLOA digital certificate. If you receive this error you are trying to access one of these site templates without the appropriate credentials. You must logout of your current session and login to ForumPass again using your MLOA digital certificate. If you currently do not have a MLOA certificate, login to MAG and request access to FIS.
'Access Restricted' Error message
I receive an 'Access Restricted' error message when I attempt to access a project in ForumPass. How can I resolve this problem?
You may receive this error message due to one of the following scenarios:
- You do not have a valid certificate: Sensitive sites require a BLOA digital certificate while Restricted sites require a MLOA digital certificate. If you are logged in with a Core profile and try to access a sensitive or restricted site you will receive this error message. You may Login to MAG and request the appropriate level certificate to access the requested site.
- Your certificate is invalid or expired: You may login to MAG and request the appropriate level certificate to access the requested site. certificate: If you have issues requesting a certificate, contact Exostar Customer Support for further recommendations.
- Restricted Access turned "Off": If you are unable to resolve access issues, contact your ForumPass Application Administrator to review your subscription status and ensure that Restricted Access is set to 'ON'.
What ForumPass profile types require digital certificates?
A digital certificate is required for ForumPass if you need to access either a Sensitive or Restricted site. If you require access to a Sensitive or Restricted site, login to MAG and select Request Access next to Federated Identity Service (FIS). If your organization does not currently subscribe to FIS, you should contact your ForumPass Administrator. For more information, refer to ForumPass section of the website.