Exostar provides the following services and applications to The Boeing Company:
- Boeing uses Exostar's Managed Access Gateway (MAG) to securely connect its' Boeing Portals and Supply Chain Platform users via Exostar. Users require a One-Time Password (OTP) token or can associate a third-party credential such as a (CAC) as a second factor of authentication, prior to accessing a Boeing Portal or the Supply Chain Platform.
- BDS Customers, Joint Venture Partners, and Other Non-Supplier Users will now authenticate via MAG to access their existing Boeing Portal content.
- Enterprise Access Gateway (EAG) allows Boeing employees to use their Boeing network login credentials to access Exostar and other third party applications such as Lockheed Aero, instead of being issued login credentials from Exostar.
Boeing uses two separate instances of Supply Chain Platform:
- Boeing Supply Chain Platform (BSCP) improves collaboration between Boeing and its suppliers for the order management process. Working in SCP, suppliers can respond to orders and change orders, create electronic shipment notifications and in some cases, electronic invoices. This information is transmitted to Boeing for more efficient processing and effective management of exceptions. Some Boeing business units also provide visibility to payment status, forecasts and long term forecasts through SCP.
- Supply Chain Platform - Boeing 787 SCMP is a Boeing-only platform configured for the 787 program. However, several high volume Boeing Commercial Airplane suppliers transact via this platform as well. The main functional difference between the two SCP instances is the 787 SCMP version provides multi-tier visibility required to manage its unique Partner Managed Inventory (PMI) processes.